De-Identified Longitudinal Clinical Data Available
As a service to the SMART community, Boston Children’s Hospital has licensed de-identified longitudinal clinical data for 10,000 patients from Geisinger, a leading healthcare organization. Qualified third-party developers looking to test their apps on real-world data can fill out the request form on the SMART Website to request access to the data.
- Data was collected between 1996 - 2016
- Over 1 Million Medication Orders
- Over 1 Million Encounters
- Over 15,000 Patient Allergies
- As well as: Immunizations, Family History, Lab Orders, Procedures, Problem Lists, Surgeries, and more.
To qualify, you must be part of an insured organization who can enter into a one year data use agreement with BCH on your behalf. Once an agreement is in place, we will share the data via secure file transfer.
- You will use the data in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations, including, but not limited to laws regarding the privacy or protection of personal or medical information, and HIPAA.
- You will not use this data, alone or in combination with other information, to identify the individuals or contact the individuals from whom the data was derived.
- You will not share the data with any persons other than those covered by your organization’s data use agreement.
- Your organization will accept liability for any breach or neglect arising from your use of the data.
- Insurance Requirement: At least $5,000,000 coverage for claims arising out of wrongful release of personal information in any form that is in the care, custody and control of Data User.
If you’d like to obtain access to these data, and think you may qualify, please fill out the request form on our website.