SMART on FHIR Senior Developer Position
Work full time on open source!
The Boston Children’s Hospital Computational Health Informatics Program (http://www.chip.org), a Harvard Medical School affiliate, is seeking an experienced full stack web developer to join the SMART Health IT team (http://smarthealthit.org).
SMART is an open source, standards based technology platform that enables innovators to create apps that seamlessly and securely run across the healthcare system. SMART is one of the highest profile projects across the field of biomedical informatics and health IT—gaining adoption by health systems, health IT vendors, app developers and a key focus of White House efforts around precision medicine.
The platform is REST-based, incorporates OAuth2 and related technologies on the security layer and can use JSON and XML serialization formats. The team you will be joining writes services, applications and frameworks for web and mobile platforms in various programming languages and likes to give the latest and greatest technology a try.
The ideal candidate:
- has a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience, plus at least 3 years of experience in real-world software development
- lives and breathes full stack web development using open-source development and tools, can discuss the pros and cons of various web application toolkits
- writes quality code: source control, testing, and clear documentation are all musts
- has experience with at least one web framework
- is comfortable doing basic system administration in a Linux environment
Please submit a cover letter describing your background, a resume and a code sample that represents your best work. Bonus points if:
- you have experience with Python or the JVM
- you’re familiar with both statically and dynamically typed languages
- you can share a link to your work on GitHub
To apply, send your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org